Chinese President Xi Jinping has completed his two days official visit to Pakistan. The President along with several Chinese ministers and investors landed in Pakistan on 20th April in the noon. The President along with his delegation were welcomed warmly by Pakistan. In the two day visit i.e. Apr 20-21, the Chinese President was honored with ‘Nishan-e-Pakistan’, top civilian award of the country. During the visit, a total of 51 agreements were signed between two friend countries having worth of $46 billion. These include the development of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor that will connect Gwadar port to Kashgar city.
Most of the agreements are related to power, infrastructure and communication development under China-Pakistan Economic corridor. Apart from these, some other research, electricity and infrastructure projects are also signed. Here is the list of agreements between Pakistan and China:
- Opening of Chinese Industrial and Commercial Bank in Pakistan
- Development of 100 MW Solar Power Project in Bahawalpur (Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park)
- Launch of FM 98 Dosti Channel by collaboration of Radio Pakistan and China Radio International
- Development of Chinese Cultural Center in Pakistan
- Development of Research center for small hydropower projects in Islamabad
- Pak-China Cross Border Optical Cable System Project
- Orange Line Metro Rail Transit in Lahore
- 720 MW Hydropower project in Karot
- 50 MW Hydropower project in Dawood
- 50 MW Hydropower project in Sachhal
- 100 MW Wind Power Project in Jhampar
- 900 MW Solar Power Project in Zonargi
- Digital Terrestrial Multimedia Broadcast project
- Gwadar Hospital Project
- Loan for Karachi-Lahore Motorway
- Loan for Phase II of Karakarom Highway
- Loan for development of Expressway in the East of Gwadar Port
- Development of International Airport in Gwadar
- Gwadar to Nawabshah liquid gas pipeline framework
- Coal projects in Thar
- Establishment of NICE education sector by collaboration of Namal Univesity, Pakistan and Xinjiang University, China.
About $15.5 billion investment will be made in Power projects only. These power projects i.e. coal, wind, solar and hydro will be completed by 2017 and will add 10,400 MW in Pakistan. Indeed, a good news for Pakistani people who are fed up of load shedding. The Economic Corridor will benefit both the states i.e. Pakistan and China.
We hope that these projects complete on their due dates without any hitch. Long Live Pak-China friendship!